Sunday, April 8, 2012

How To Make Baby Chick Deviled Eggs


How cute are these?  I loved making these Easter morning to bring to the family brunch.




I first started out by boiling my eggs and peeling them

Then I lined the egg carton with Easter grass and then under each egg, I placed a piece of wax paper.


Cut off the top of the egg so that the yolk is exposed.  Some of my eggs were mostly egg white and little yolk so I had to carve out some of the tops so they will fit on top of the chick.  

After mashing your yolks you can make your filling.  For these, I just used some mayo and a little mustard.  (Did I mention I myself love egg salad, but dislike deviled eggs?  Weird huh?) .  Mound the mixture into the egg high enough to allow space for eyes and beak.


For the eyes, I got black sliced olives and just cut tiny pieces out and pushed them into the mixture as if they were in sockets.  For the beak, I used baby carrots cut a small sliver then cut the sliver in half.  Push the sliver into the mixture with the point out and down.



Voila!  Little baby chicks just hatched!



Linda Calder Smith, owner of http://www.newenglandfineliving.com is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone had a hard time popping them in their mouth to eat because they were too cute. It was funny to watch people eat them or take off the eyes and beak before they would LOL.

    ReplyDelete