Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting Ready To Decorate For A Cocktail Party


OOOOH!  I can't wait!  I will be decorating a cocktail party for a friend (so I get to play with all of this pretty stuff, then I get to enjoy the party!  Can't get any better than that!). The colors are aqua, platinum/silver, and white.  With lots of glass and shimmer.    The theme I have in my head is "Old Hollywood Glam... Meets A Glammy Snowflake". The hostess did not want a Christmas party nor did she want a New Years Eve party.

This is a just because she wants to get everyone all dressed up in sequins, gowns, jackets, and suits (can you hear the Mr's all grumbling right now? LOL).

I will be creating invitations that are rolled like a scroll and wrapped in ribbon.  Then each invitation will be placed in a rectangular white box also wrapped in sparkling ribbon.  These boxes will then be placed at each invites front door as a secret gift (kinda like a ring and run, but in heels! I hope there will be no video cameras rolling!)


I will be decorating the dining room table and buffet table for the appetizers and desserts.  While the hostess will be decorating her home for the holidays and the party.  I went by a few days ago to see the table area and her normal red and green holiday decor of years past, has already been replaced with the color theme of her party.  Okay, what woman doesn't love to shop for new holiday decor, especially for a party?!

I am also creating a custom martini for the cocktail party. I created a  martini for my own business that is served during events called a Nefl-tini (N. E. F. L.  get it?  New England Fine Living? :-o ) My martini is a white martini sweet/tart flavored martini.    This party will get a Nefl-tini but with a color change.  Instead of Triple Sec, which is clear, I am going to use  Blue Curacao (I need to know how to say this word "Curacao" properly).  Well gonna grab another cup of coffee before I get myself to my office.

Just for an FYI...   Blue Curacao is a blue liqueur, distilled and flavored from the dried peel of bitter oranges. It can also contain distillates of lemons and curacao fruit, sugar and wine. The Caribbean island of CuraƧ¡¯ is host to much of the fruit used in these liqueurs. Blue Curacao is often used to induce color into cocktails and other mixed drinks. 

2 comments:

  1. The holiday season is always about glitter and lights! I hope you have a very happy December (and cocktail party) indeed. :)


    xoxo,
    Roxanne
    http://www.lacedivory.com

    ReplyDelete