Monday, October 12, 2015

Visiting Kennebunkport in Autumn

One of my simple road trip pleasures, is to take a stroll to help bring me back into the moment and clear my senses.  On this particular night, I ended my work day in Kennebunkport, Maine. 

As I stepped out of my car, I was caught off guard by the unexpected Autumn chill in the air due to the setting sun. It was then I wished I had packed gloves and a warmer coat for my walk.  That wish and chilled feeling soon faded once I became embraced by the smell of salty air and an amazing blaze of color in the sky.   This is fall in New England.










Once the night sky started to take over, I started walking towards the warm yellow glow that was being cast by storefront windows.  You can't tell from my photos, but the town was bustling with tourists and residents and I felt right at  home.