Monday, January 30, 2012

Beautiful Master Bedroom Ideas with some elegant touches



Having already been awake for 2 1/2 hours with insomnia (it's 5:30 am) and I am realizing that it's a bit ironic that while I work on a dream master bedroom suite for one of my clients, that includes a fireplace, sitting area, crystal chandelier, and new king size bed while I have let my own private sanctuary show my "on the go" lifestyle. Instead, it should be enveloping me to relax my soul and wash away a busy and sometimes stressful day.    I have allowed folded laundry to multiply, shoes have been kicked off and landed not in the closet, all neat and lined up like they should be, but near a wall or doorway, and the collection of earrings found on my bedside table could rival the jewelry counter at Nordstroms.  I have also realized that I have not personalized my space as I have done many times over in the past.  I am in a sweet bungalow which is a transition rental home and I have not allowed myself to put my own personal stamp into play.  In the master bedroom, which was once the attic, I would love to paint the dark trim that surrounds the windows and ceiling panels, I would change the flagstone blue carpet, add built-ins along the slanted wall, paint the walls, and rid the bathroom of the parquet floors, burgundy wallpaper and oak vanity.   Thank goodness for my king size bed that has a mattress that feels like I am climbing onto a cloud, my crisp white cotton sheets, and my electric blanket that I use on chilly winter New England Nights.

I thought I would share just a few of the photos I have collected in my Master Bedroom Idea File.


Photo Credit HGTV Blog

 Photo via southgateresidential.blogspot.com

Photo via: Elle Decor


Ralph Lauren Black and White Bedding


Photo via House Beautiful 





Linda Calder Smith owner of New England Fine Living is and interior Designer and Party Planner with offices in Middleton MA and Westford MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment