Monday, January 17, 2011

Thinking about Summer in the Winter

 While going through photos, looking for pictures of my old iris garden, I came across these.  Ahhhhh I can almost feel the warm breeze coming off of the water.  I thought I would share since many of us are surrounded by a foot or more of snow.  I don't know about you, but I am already dreaming of wearing dresses with strappy sandals and not boots and mittens.   

All of the photos are gardens behind the historic House Of Seven Gables in Salem, MA. 






I love raised flower and herb beds.  The photo after this one shows one of mine, at my previous house, before the vegetables and flowers came in.  The mini-tool shed was built for me with an old door from my childhood home.   I also had pea stone around the boxes, but as an added touch, we also threw in some tumbled glass stones.













No comments:

Post a Comment