Saturday, October 4, 2014

Using Cobalt Blue For Decorating & Fashion

Growing up in an old 1680's - 1760's farmhouse in Massachusetts, I had the wonderful opportunity to enjoy many simple pleasures. Let's remember there was no internet, no cell phones, and playing outside for hours was not only normal but expected.  One of those childhood simple pleasures was exploring and digging in some of the old family dumping grounds that were hidden all over the property and uncovering many wonderful items.  Some of my favorite finds were cobalt blue bottles that I would then take home, wash, and display on my bedroom windowsill  (yes even as a little girl, decorating with accessories was very important to me :-) ).  I thought I would share a few photos of how cobalt blue can be used in decorating and fashion. 












Linda Calder Smith, owner of http://www.newenglandfineliving.com is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

No comments:

Post a Comment