Thursday, November 29, 2012

Getting Ready For A Christmas Open House

It's Here!  Christmas time!  I love the holidays and this year will be a little extra special.  We are hosting a Christmas open house with about 60 guests and I have been a busy little elf decorating the house, buying food, and setting up the two bars.  I hope I find time to take some photos with the food set out and bars set up to post later.  





For the banister, I started with greenery then added silver, white, and a touch of blue.  I added the blue to work with the art work and our area rug at the front door. 




I have used a sled before for a client's party and so I decided to bring ours in from the porch tonight and added a few items. This will be the centerpiece for the buffet.



I truly have a love for country as well as glam, and this might show that.  For my kitchen, I added some crystals to our light and then wrapped the chain with a silver garland (you can see this from the hall and works well with the banister.



A few days ago, one of the guys broke the glass, in the back, on this piece and I figured I would use it in a display.   My rooster had this rhinestone necklace put on him years ago after I came home from a gala and he has been wearing it ever since.    I might have to borrow it this weekend for the party.



Here I used some vintage suitcases placed under the tree instead of a tree skirt.  This is one of 6 trees in the house, and not the one gifts will be placed under, so I wanted to fill the space.  


I thought this looked like Santa's suit was sticking out of the suitcase, but my boyfriend thought it look liked I kidnapped Santa so I took it out :-).


Back to the kitchen,  I have a really dark corner with a very small counter space, so I decided to add some holiday ornaments and antique crystals then placed the hurricane globe inside of a wreath with white lights.   I also put some lights under the globe.  It looks a lot prettier in person.



I hope you enjoyed this quick tour of our holiday home.   More photos will be posted later.  I will also be posting photos of a few of my client projects once they are complete.




New England Fine Living offers full service Party and Event Planning as well as an in-house interior design studio North of Boston. The parties and events we plan for our clients are small to large and are very casual to extremely elegant. What type of party would you like? We can create it for you. If you want to plan your own party, but would like a consultant, we can do that for you too!

1 comment: